Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens has its World Premiere on the SyFy Channel on Sunday, 7/31, at 7pm, and once again we're having a viewing party! This year will be bigger and better than ever as we'll have a day-long SharkFest (or, if you'd rather, "SharkACon") to celebrate the festivities. The fun begins at 1pm in our parking lot under a big tent with celebrity guests, food and drink demos, children's activities and a Sharknado marathon!
The fourth installment of the very successful series, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are back in Sharknado 4 as they are forced once again to step up to battle sharknadoes which are this time striking Las Vegas. Returning to the movie are David Hasselhoff and Cassie Scerbo who are joined by Gary Busey, Cheryl Tiegs, Ryan Newman, Tommy Davidson and an impressive array of celebrity cameos.
Plus, leading up to the premiere that evening, we've got a whole day of fun and excitement- times are still TBD and guests are scheduled to appear, but the schedule may change of course:
- Meet Ann Mahoney from The Walking Dead: As Olivia on TV’s The Walking Dead, she has no fear battling zombies, but the actress portraying her admits to having “an irrational fear of sharks.” We’ll talk to New Orleans-based actress Ann Mahoney to find out the answers to none of Season 7’s burning questions, but we will learn about her experiences on the show as well as her new series in which she has a very special connection to Elvis. (Hosted by Eve Troeh, WWNO-FM) (3:30pm)
- Meet Rob Kerkovich from NCIS: New Orleans: Rob Kerkovich of NCIS: New Orleans joins us to talk about how he has embraced living in the Big Easy, give a look behind the scenes of the hit TV show, and discuss how he is included on today’s schedule of events despite having nothing to do with Sharknado. (Hosted by Carolyn Scofield, Tulane University) (6:00pm)
- Meet Kerry Cahill and Thomas Murphy from Free State of Jones: Kerry Cahill and Thomas Murphy are familiar faces in Hollywood South both having appeared in many feature films and television shows produced around the region including Terminator:Genisys, True Detective, NCIS: New Orleans, and Salem. Both can currently be seen in the critically-acclaimed Free State of Jones. They’ll give us their take on the local production scene and talk about how to survive as working actors in New Orleans. (Hosted by Leslie Snadowsky, Biz New Orleans) (1:00pm)
- The Making of a "Mockbuster": The Story of Asylum Entertainment: Meet the folks behind Asylum Entertainment: the production company behind the Sharknado series as well as a whole slew of SyFy Channel classics including the hit series Z-Nation. Founders David Michael Latt and Sherri Strain give us a behind-the-scenes look at the company’s astounding string of successes and discuss what’s involved in the making of a “Mockbuster.” (4:45pm)
- The Sharknado Phenomenon: A talk with the writer and director: From the first movie three years ago, the Sharknado franchise has become a cultural phenomenon, setting ratings records for basic cable and dominating trending topics on Twitter. Via video, we’ll chat with the movies’ writer and director to discuss their newly iconic status in the world of pop culture. (1:45pm)
- Food Demo: Mock Shark Fin Soup and other Shark Delicacies: Shark Fin Soup has been a luxury menu item in China for centuries yet it has generated controversy in recent years due to ethical and environmental concerns about sharks. Chef James Cullen joins us to discuss the history and controversy behind this soup and to demonstrate a tasty alternative. (Hosted by Todd Price, Times-Picayune/Nola.com) (2:30pm)
- Food Demo: The Perfect Summer Ceviche: It’s the perfect tasty and healthy summer treat and can be made in the comfort of your own home. Jennifer Samuels, Prepared Foods Team Leader at Whole Foods Uptown (and co-owner of Pizza Nola), demonstrates some quick and easy ways you can prepare this dish. (5:30pm)
- Cocktail Demo: the “Shark Attack” cocktail: Internationally-renowned bartender Daniel Victory and Camille Whitworth of downtown’s new restaurant Victory discuss the emergence of New Orleans’ craft cocktail scene and demonstrate how to make a “Shark Attack” cocktail which pairs well with the Sharknado classics. (4:15pm)
- “Why Sharks Matter”: Learning with the Audubon Institute: Sharks have more to fear than just chainsaws. The Aquarium and Zoo Association recently designated sharks as one of their "Saving Animals From Extinction” campaign animals. The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas and Audubon Nature Institute join us to let us know Why Sharks Matter. (Hosted by Mark Schleifstein, Times-Picayune/Nola.com) (3:00pm)
- Arts & Crafts with the Krewe of Sharknadeaux: The fun-loving members of the Krewe of Sharknadeaux show us how they created some of their throws from this year’s Krewe of Chewbacchus parade and give us a fun arts & crafts project suitable for any Sharknado-related occasion. (Throughout the day)
(Times and events are subject to change.)
Join us Sunday, July 31! RSVP and invite your friends at https://www.facebook.com/events/2487657354706324/ and follow @PizzaNola and @SharkFestNola for updates!
Posted on 7/7/2016 at 8:01:00 AM